Yee hah, eight of these beauties finally finished. I thought these chairs might have had to be replaced, however a lightbulb moment (not necessarily mine) of making new seats and backs has meant I’ve now got some pretty new chairs again. I love them. A friend who was staying who happened to be a seamstress helped me have the confidence to sort them out. After a bit of measuring and by using the old chair fabric as a template we cut new ones and now I’ve just finished sewing all eight.
It’s not too difficult to do if anyone reading this has got old directors chairs needing a new lease of life. You just need some strong fabric and a sewing machine!